Does anyone know how to adjust the headlights. I've tried lower then down because people flash their high beams at me but once I get them low enough the don't shine very far.

325

Asked by Dec 19, 2015 at 12:30 AM about the 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix GT

http://www.pontiac.com/content/dam/pontiac/northamerica/usa/nscwebsite/en/Home/Owners/Owner_Resources/Manuals/en/us/2001/grand_prix/2001-pontiac-grand-prix-owners-manual.pdf

That is owners manual All it says Chapter 6 Page 40: The aim of your vehicle’s headlamps can be adjusted by using aim tips located on the outer surface of the lens. The aim has been pre - set at the factory and should need no further adjustment. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the headlamp aim may be affected. Aim adjustment to the low beam may be necessary if it is difficult to see lane markers (for horizontal aim), or if oncoming drivers flash their high beams at you (for vertical aim). If you believe your headlamps need to be re - aimed, it is recommended that you take your vehicle to the dealer for assistance... NO Help....

325

Earlier this year I bought a pair of black housing head lights since the old ones kept filling with water. If I get them ajusted right then the brights don't even light up the ground. If I get the high beams ajusted right the lows beams point straight at the ground.

58,055

Aftermarket headlights can sometimes be junk as you have found out. The reflectors are not designed correctly, hence the difficulty in getting them to aim properly. I would find a used set or buy a new set of lights DOT approved) and get rid of the junk ones you purchased.

325

I still have my old ones but when I took them out to change the bulbs I found out the passenger one had a broken peice for the mounting

4,535

Used ones should not be hard to find. Get a used one to replace your broken one and put them back in the car. If the problem goes away then you know the problem is with your new headlights as Bob said. If not, and if the car hasn't been in an accident, then it is likely a suspension problem which is causing the car to sit wrong and therefore shine the headlights upward instead of onto the ground. If you want aftermarket headlights you may need to buy better ones. If you simply want more light, buy a polishing kit and clean up the lenses and then buy some good high performance bulbs. You'll have all the light you need at that point.