Stalling

20

Asked by Nov 11, 2013 at 10:40 AM about the 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix GT

,, I replaced the Air Idle control solenoid,, I drove my car to a friends place,, no problems encountered,, However as I was nearly home,, the engines tach started to flucuate up and down and then the engine died, I had to put the  car in park to restart,, ,, It fired up,, the rpm was stable .. till about 30 seconds driving the car bucked a few times then ran fine after,,  that till I got home,, I did notice when I replaced the AIC,, there was no "o" ring in the old model,, wondering if it deteriated and a piece is some where in the throtle body,, Its not a comfortable thing to encounter,, I'm afraid to drive it on a express way for fear it ( car),,it may died,, Last thing I need is to have cars behind me run into me,, Would a scan of the on board computer help ?

20

Follow up on question,, engine is a 3800 series,, sorry for the after thought,,

96,705

I wouldn't too much about a piece of o-ring in the intake, it is soft and combustible if it did make it's way to the cylinders it was consumed. A scan might help if it stored any codes in memory. Is the check engine light on?

20

,, Its been on every since I bought the car,, 6 mnths,, ago,, , could I possably pull the fuse for the on board computer,, and rest the storred trouble codes?

1,315

I would first read the codes before i reset or erased any of them so that way you would have a better chance of nipping it in the bud

20

,, Thank you,, most helpful,,