My 2001 grand prix is running hot

Asked by Nov 10, 2013 at 01:06 PM about the 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix GT

the coolant look okay? If you wait three years without changing it the coolant acts like it's got boulders in it....Did you have an overheat at some point...NOW...recently...and someone refilled with HOSE water?...that would immediately corrode all the components and passages such as the water pump (which is a suspect item)....but if the water jacket is holding pressure...but OVERHEATIN' would have to suspect a clogged radiator~... perhaps the block temperature sensor hasn't told the electric fans to come on and it overheats...perhaps the electric fan motor is burnt or the interface card ruined...you might want to check to see if this electric cooling fan is operating normally and the printed circuit board that drives it is still intact~....that's all I gots for now~ let me know if you've got to replace the water pump for lack of proper coolant flow...I'll grobble up a price fer ye~

If you've sprung a leak...you could pump 'er up and see where does it spray out~

you could look for HOT SPOTS with a 15 dollar thermo-spot gun~http://www.banggood.com/GM300-Digital-Laser-Point-Infrared- Thermometer-Temperature-Meter-Gun-p-85756.html? currency=USD&utm_source=google&utm_medium=shopping&utm_conten t=miko_ruby&utm_campaign=Electronic-zeng- us&gclid=CO3v6NDq2roCFWho7AodwkEATA

okay....correction 12.55.....I drive my cats berserk with the lazer....daily~

drain the coolant (whatcha got in there) out and fill with the proper 50/50 mix or buy the pre-mix which is galvanically balanced and will not EAT components like TAP water will....charged with galvanic currents~ (gobbles it down in short order)~

okay you can get your trouble codes from a 18 dollar scan tool~ from newegg you can RESET the check engine light with it too~