Bose Premium Sound System/Amplifier ?

Asked by Jul 09, 2009 at 12:22 PM about the 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix GT

I'm trying to replace the stock radio with an aftermarket radio. I'm using a Scosche GMDA wiring harness, I can't get the radio to turn on but the illumination works. It says "For Bose eguipped vehicles,must be used with the Scosche FAI-3A Bose Premium Sound interace". I can find anything in the manual or anywhere on the car if it is eguipped? Do I need the to have the aftermarket radio even turn on or is it for the amplifier(if eguipped ?) to turn on or both ?

Sorry for repeat ! ??

well, i had to do this with my 89 iroc also. its been 5 years though. basically if i remember correctly all the wires should just match up EXCEPT for the amp power wire that attaches to the cd deck itself right?

actually i have that particular FAI-3A part in my hand at the moment, you can pick one up at your nearest walmart for around 22 bucks, the wireing diagram in the box should tell you what to do from there, if not also sells this particular product hope this helps and good luck