Bose Premium Sound System/Amplifier ?

Asked by Jul 09, 2009 at 12:19 PM about the 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix GT

I'm trying to replace the stock radio with an aftermarket radio. I'm using a Scosche GMDA wiring harness, I can't get the radio to turn on but the illumination works. It says "For Bose eguipped vehicles,must be used with the Scosche FAI-3A Bose Premium Sound interace". I can find anything in the manual or anywhere on the car if it is eguipped? Do I need the to have the aftermarket radio even turn on or is it for the amplifier(if eguipped ?) to turn on or both ?

20

Okay, I have the same problem with my 99' Grand prix with bose system, you need to go to crutchfield.com and oufit your car, what youll do is you'll type in the make model year and what kind of radio is in your car, then after you do that look on the right side of the page and it will will say free installation gear, click on view all installation gear, scroll down and there will be something called a PAC OEM2 or something in that category, its a adapter made for pontiacs with Bose systems, this is what you'll need to hook up your radio. If you need more info just email me @ BeckyWoodruff08@gmail.com

405

i have a 2000 grand prix with the same sound system go to crutchfield.com there isnt a single audio part that ull need that they cant get, they sell basically everything scosche makes as well and for cheaper prices than factory direct. the part you need is an adapter for the wireing harness, this is because of the amplifier and the sound system itself

35

I have a 2000 grand prix and to use an aftermarket radio with your bose system just use a jumper wire ( t tap is best so you don't cut wires) tap into the red wire on the extra harness in the dash (seperate than your radio harness) and tap into the acc. wire (red wire) on your main harness. In other words jump the red wire for power for the bose system into the accessory wire of your radio harness.

Wavedoubt30, Thank you, I did that and boom, radio worked fine. The problem is, the next day I had a dead battery. Any advise??

35

you have a drain or short somewhere it shouldn't of done that....did u t tap the red wire from the harness with 5 wires into your radio's acc wire....some are red some are yellow depends on your stereo....if it's the constant power u tapped u need to retap into the acc power should fix your problem....

I GOT THE ANSWER!!!!! HOOK THE GREEN WIRE FROM YOUR WIRING HORNESS TO THE PINK WIRE COMING OUT OF YOUR CAR. BOOM

no need for all the complicated words

20

I'm late to post but have good advise. I have a 2000 grand prix gt and had the same issue, easy fix though. All you have to do is take the remote wire "also acc wire" the "blue" one on aftermarket radios for the ppl who have no clue what I'm talking about and tap into a wire on the unused harness with 5 wires like mentioned above but in my car its a pink wire, not red. It sends a signal to the stock amp in the trunk to power all the speakers the same way the remote wire sends a 5v signal to an amp for powering subwoofers or 6x9's. Hope this helps

10

My son-in-law and I installed a JVC head unit into a 2000 Pontiac Bonneville SSEI today and I thank you all for the advice. We ran 1 wire from the blue accessory output to the trunk mounted Bose amplifier pin 1 (Pink switched 12VDC input). The JVC is now playing through the Bose amp to the stock speakers with no problems.