What will it cost me to get my car painted

Asked by Oct 30, 2014 at 02:06 AM about the 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GT

Okay I fucked up my car trying to paint and sand it not knowing what I was doing so how much will maaco charge me to sand and repaint my hood and touch up some spots or how much will it cost to sand and paint whole car?

19,600

Without seeing how good or bad the repair work is that will make it hard to tell you how much. Almost anybody can squirt paint on a car. The prep work is the hard part. Even at Macco I'm gonna guess between $500-$2000. It just depends on how much time they will need to fix your repairs and how nice a paint job you want.

34,645

Here's another option. Since you have a 14 year old car and investing a lot of money in it isn't what you want to do. Go to the bone yard and look for a G.P. with the same color hood. Hell, $75.00 beats $500-$2000 all day long.

3,175

Another cheap option would be to paint your car with PlastiDip. It doesn't require any sanding or prep work and if it looks like shit, you can just peel it off. Check out dipyourcar.com. They have a lot of colors in spray cans you can't get in stores. There are a bunch of tutorial videos on YouTube.