car overheating

5

Asked by Sep 11, 2013 at 01:06 PM about the 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GT

we bought my son a car that needed a water pump replaced. We have replaced the water pump and now the car is overheating with smoke coming up through the console. It is also lossing it's get up and go hesitating when you give it gas. We have changed the fuel filter and one of the coil packs that was misfiring. Now if appears there is water in the oil reserve. What could this be caused from?

10

If you are getting water in the oil, the cylinder head gasket(s) might need to be replaced. Also, if the car is losing power, this is also an indication of cylinder head gasket issues due to loss of compression. Try getting a compression tester...screw it into one of the spark plug holes and crank the engine a couple of times. If the head gasket(s) are good, you should see 120 -140 psi on the gauge.