how do i undo a complete shut down on a 2000 pontiac grand prix i think its an alam ayatem shut down had the alarm set and poened the door with spare valet key

10

Asked by Aug 24, 2012 at 12:22 AM about the 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GT

i put the alarm on my car and the next day my boyfriend went to use the car with one of the spare keys the valet key he opened the door without disarming the alarm when he went to start it the car completely shut down and the key got stuck in the ignition. I tried jumping it taking off the battery things for a little bit thinking this would reset the computer but they both did not work.I have a brand new starter and battery i think its a security thing.I just don't know how to fix it so i can start my car.

165

ok.... the key is stuck in the ignition? if you have an aftermarket security system installed in your car, you should still be able to remove the key. However, if it is a security issue, it may have just sense that someone tried to steal the car hence your bf opened it without disarming it. So therefore, it will kill power to start the car. What you need to do is first try to get the key out of the ignition, then close all doors and press disarm on your remote, you can try cycling it by pressing lock then unlock and repeat a few times. then press disarm, open driver door and try to start it. Hopefully it will start.... goodluck!

85

Do not touch the key ......use your remote to unlock the doors......then if that dont work look under the dash and see if you have a cut off button push this ot this arm it then use you key to reset the alarm but wait about a few sec for the car to reset the alarm on is on.once you hear it relock itself then unlock all door than you should be able to start your car. the alarm did what it was suppose to do. I ARM ITSELF

10

what do you mean by this ( cut off button push this ot this arm it then use you key to reset the alarm but wait about a few sec for the car to reset ) i didnt understand what push this ot arm it then use key..... You prob just wrote it wrong idk..