Are the hoods interchangable between a 1999 grand prix SE and a GT?

Asked by Feb 23, 2016 at 04:03 AM about the 1999 Pontiac Grand Prix 2 Dr GT Coupe

I need a different hood and looking at prices, I was wondering if the hoods are interchangeable between the 99' GT and the SE?

Thanks, Darin

Maybe, all the GT model did was add exterior style because you could order a SE with the 3800, but I don't think the hoods are different. They might be because the SE bumper cuts into the hood more meaning the the hood might be shorter. Also I believe the GT hood has more of a bow in the hood to make it more aggressive looking. One good way to tell is there is price difference for the SE to GT hood you want to buy. This would mean they are different because they will require more material and special tools to make them.

Thanks, here's the thing, I live in N.D. and I was driving down a hill following an SUV when it came to a sudden stop and slid into the back of it. Didn't do any real damage to the SUV, it was pretty high up compared to my car. But hit the middle top front of my car, pushed the font end in a little, and pushed to hood back, making a crimp in it. My car is white so was looking for a white hood so would cut down the cost of having it painted, but could I only found a used one in great shape that fits and SE it says? Might just fork out the money and get a new hood and have it painted it looks like. Same with the front end too. The lights and everything else are fine, all the plastic is cracked in the middle top of the front though too.

yeah sounds bad, I use a website call for my Grand Prix they have really good pricing and quality products, they have replacement hoods if you want you try there. They have hoods for $130 to $210 depending on the quality of the metal you want and which brand you want. The only problem is isnt not painted at least it doesn't seemed to be. They are a great website tho but i dont know how much the hood you were look at is. Good luck

The SE hood I was looking at is $155 dollars, not to bad? I've found a lot of hoods for around that price that aren't painted, metal hoods, then there's shipping costs though? Front ends around $100 or so on ebay with free shipping, not painted, not sure of the quality, but they sell a lot of them? Thanks for the website though, was just there, can pick up a hood there for a good price and free shipping, that will help me out a lot! I'm handicapped and got a lot of medical bills right now too, so need the car, but don't need to spend a lot of money either. This will help me keep out money-wise, and buying the front end and painting them both. Thanks again! Darin

yeah shipping sucks for hoods for CaRiD its like $125 to like $130 depending on the brand but that's because I live really far away from the manufactures, if might be cheaper for you. $155 isn't that bad especially if you didn't have to ship it, It looks to me like all the hoods are the same no matter what submodel. So you should be ok with the SE hood it just might not look exactly as the GT did in terms of fitness and shape. I don't trust ebay that much with car parts especially replacement parts they just never have the quality of the factory parts. I haven't replaced my hood yet after a basketball poll fell on my car in the garage (didn't do anything really just a good scratch in the hood) . Which happened like two weeks after I replaced my hood from someone backing into me. Waiting to buy a custom hood. Good luck

No problem,

Well, I was just at CaRiD and they put my hood around that $123 dollar mark or so, and free shipping? At least that's what they said, didn't order it yet, still waiting on that other hood, I asked them if that used white SE hood will fit on my GT but they haven't gotten back to me yet either?

All '99 Grand Prix hoods, regardless of model will fit your car. There are probably several other years that will fit as well. There are a bazillion Grand Prixs out there. They should be a dime a dozen at the auto wreckers or online classified pages like Kijiiji and whatever else you may have available locally. Even finding one in white shouldn't be all that difficult. If you're tight for cash do a bit more shopping and get one that doesn't need painting. Remember, the car runs just fine with a bent hood so its not an emergency.

Thank you very much! I would just like to get it fixed up and not spend 5 times more than I need to. True, I don't have that much money right now, but still would like to get it fixed up as soon as I can, either with or without paint right now, can always get it painted later. I am still checking around for white parts, but for some reason am not finding a lot of them, more of the other colors out there? But will keep on looking. Thanks again. Darin