99 Pontiac Grand Prix Shutting Off Randomly

Asked by Jan 19, 2016 at 11:52 AM about the 1999 Pontiac Grand Prix 2 Dr GT Coupe

I have a few issues that have all started happening within the last few weeks:

1: My car will randomly accelerate on it's own. It's random. It may do it at a stop light or it may do it at a higher speed.

2: My car will randomly turn itself off. It will die in the middle of driving it. It does this particularly at stop lights, or slower times. Lights will dim randomly at times and the car will accelerate at these times, almost as if it accelerates due to less power.

3: My low oil light came on. I changed the oil sensor and it is still coming on. It does this randomly.

4: When I turn I hear a random ticking noise. I passed inspection and got an alignment with no issues. This could be completely unrelated.

Any ideas? I have so many symptoms I'm thinking there's got to be something specific surely.

3,865

Have the codes read. Even though its an older car there is data stored on the car's computer that may tell you what is going on.

10

MAP Sensor and PVC Valve.

I'm having same issues but it started a while back..and still having them. My car is down and trying to figure it now. Ok first noticed issues with turning the key and sometimes it wouldn't start until I turned the key back and proceeded then it started. Other issues when starting it would bog down or rev up after starting. While driving I'm having issues with acceleration like it's holding back. Please comment back on here if anybody has a clue. Please again and thank you.

To give a final update to my situation: My car coded with the maf sensor being bad. I replaced it twice, both from o reillys, maybe one from advance, I can't remember. Both did not work. I replaced multiple parts. Caddilidic converter, coils, and much more. Nothing resolved. Ordered a hitachi mass air flow sensor online that was 5 Star reviews. It fixed my issue, so it took 3 mass air flow sensors in the end.