what is the problem? and what do i do to fix it?

Asked by Mar 07, 2013 at 03:20 PM about the 1998 Pontiac Grand Prix 4 Dr SE Sedan

my 1998 Pontiac Grand Prix (3800 series V6) hesitates while im driving between the speeds of
45mph and 55mph, when it hesitates i let off the gas and after i give it  gas again it stops hesitating
unless i go below 45mph again and speed up and then it does it again.

oh yeah, my boyfriend started it and let it run while in park and he said its got a miss or a mist, something like that. well, i never heard of it before and he said idleing problem. and he also said its gets hot and the fan doesnt work and the radiator is full of fluid. also, when ya have the hood up while its running, it sounds like air is leaking and its very loud like when ya let air out of a tire when ya first put a tire gauge in but it doesnt stop, its constant. what in the world could that be?

97,135

I would get the codes read. Write down the number and post it. Someone will tell you probable causes. You can tell your boyfriend what to do. ;)