stumped

135

Asked by Aug 23, 2008 at 11:08 PM about the 1997 Pontiac Grand Prix 4 Dr SE Sedan

if i have a 1997 pontiac grand prix se, ive done some stuff to it. bore it out, new heads, a cold air intake, and a few other things, but is that where i can stop. or can i do more,

10,115

turbocharge it, ram air intake, cam change, headers, catback, ecm reprogram, larger throttle body, larger fuel injectors, msd ignition, etc. options are endless. cash is not always.

135

i did look into turbo charging it .but i don't know if i can because of the engine base.

10,115

Having the SE, you should have the 3.1 liter. It will handle moderate levels of boost, anything more then 8-10 psi will require some serious beefing up of the bottom end. RSM racing currently produces a supercharger kit for the 3100 SFI. It pushes 6 PSI of boost for a nice 250 horsepower on a stock engine. It comes with everything you need to bolt this on. Sold on www.andysautosport.com

135

1997 is the 3.8. andys is a good spot to look. but i haven't found a thing

10,115

you have more optins with the 3.8L, try www.3800performance.com or www.zzperformance.com. They are the leaders in 3800 performance parts.

315

here's my suggestion when and if you want to, buy a V8 chevy, sbc 350, LT1 (92-97 camaro,firebird formula, TA), LS1 or LS2 or LS6. the SBC 350 going to be the cheapest to work on and probably easiest. but with about $5000 invested will be one hell of a weekend warrior. LT1's have opti issues that suck to change so upgrade that first but take some cash to build but have insane potential. LSX's have alot more potential then an LT1 but are really expensive to build but are coil ignition instead of dist. its easier to make 500whp off of a LSX block then a LT block. that's my 2 cents, i got out of the whole building a V6 after my mustang just cant build um like a V8. but just talk to people V6's can put down some power. there's no doubt on that one.

135

alrigt dude. you lost me. im not a big car brain. i know my cars but not the mechanics

315

those were just engine codes they come in various v8 cars my TA has the LT1 if u look around u could probably find one for less then $5k now. i got mine for 3200 just had to replace the optispark and waterpump.

135

alright. yea. ive looked for ta's. but i sure don't know much about em. i do have a friend who has a drag team and i help em out but i know more about putting together a sweet ride instead of speed.

10,115

try www.grandprixstore.com for a nice variety of sweet things to do to you GP.

135

alright. say what about a cold air intake. is k&n better then HKS

10,115

I think that is all on personal preference. Personally I like K&N beter.

315

agreed with michael i have a K&N on my TA it helped so much it was the only time i have ever felt a cold-air make a difference in a car.

165

go to www.clubgp.com, www.gpona.com. check those websites out, they have some really good forums and some amazing information. i personally have a grand prix gt and love it. i would definately do some exhaust mods because of what you have done so far (headers or ported manifolds, u-bend delete(the little bend in the pipe with the rear O2 sensor on it), possibly a resonator delete). look me up on either of those websites if you want, jason1289.

235

www.w-body.com will help you out with any questions you have as well. Since you have the 3.1, your best bet is to stick to appearance mods, which you said you prefer any way. I would look into custom rims, lowering, tinting windows, maybe even a slp spoiler/hood. www.Clubgp.com is great for anything you would need for your gp. You can find me on both sites i mentioned as bigalwalker08. Good luck with your car.

355

If your still looking to do something like this hit me back and I can help you out...