1996 Grand Prix won't start after being rear ended.

Asked by Mar 20, 2017 at 10:43 PM about the 1996 Pontiac Grand Prix 2 Dr SE Coupe

I have a 1996 Grand Prix and a girl rear ended me today.  There wasn't any
damage to either car,  but now my car won't start.  I turn the key and the lights
come on but nothing else happens.  Is there a kill switch or something I need
to reset?

115

there is a sensor in the rear bumper and see if its damaged if not check the emergency shut off switch, if not get back to me -RTBBilly

Where would the switch be located?

I've been looking ever where for the switch I look under the drivers dash in the trunk and in the glove box but I can't see any switch. And as for the sensor in the bumper what would I do with it. I'm not mechanically inclined and not much in the way of money. Unfortunately I'm an unemployed Vet so money is an issue also. Thank you for any help I do appreciate it!

115

two weeks ago i had tried to respond to you but my account was locked and i just got it back today. 4/6/17, so i do realize i was a little vague and for that i apologize, but i did hear for another person who had the same car said it was a sensor that they replaced it was some years ago so i don't have perfect details on the exact sensor but they also said the "ICM" (ignition control module)(the thing with the spark plug wires on it) under the hood had to be reset because it got to hot so try looking there. not sure if it can be caused by a rear end crash but its worth a look. also i recently scrapped a car that may have shared similar parts with yours, and i noticed the fuel lines could get pinched in an accident, (do to poor placement of the fuel tank), so my new suggestion is lift the car up and look at your fuel tank and lines make sure its not pinched or compromised, again i do apologize for not getting back to you sooner, -RTBBilly