1995 Pontiac Grand Prix 3.1 won't start

Asked by Feb 19, 2016 at 08:31 PM about the 1995 Pontiac Grand Prix 4 Dr SE Sedan

I have the same issue. I just got the car and it was sitting for about 2 years. I found several things wrong with it. I replaced the fuel pump, fuel pump relay, factory inline fuel filter, all coil packs and module, camshaft position sensor, and got a new battery. I am stumped! I went to Harbor Frieght and bought a fuel pressure test kit but the adapter didn't fit the schrader valve on the fuel rail. (I am looking for an adapter now). In the meantime, I pulled off one side of the fuel filter and turned the ignition. There is a lot of fuel coming out. I connected everything back up. I have no clue what else to do? Any ideas anybody. I have to wait for the  fuel adapter to come in. I wanted to see if anybody has had this in depth issue?

71,245

So do you have spark? And yes it is a good idea to check the fuel pressure, doing a bleed down test to see if there are any leaks. Should not bleed down more than 5 lbs in 3 minutes from highest pressure. So what about the crank shaft positioning sensor?

3,915

And of course you checked for trouble codes before doing all this, right?