I have a 95 grand prix and had heads and gaskets done, and now it runs rough and stalls out

Asked by Sep 30, 2014 at 11:32 PM about the 1995 Pontiac Grand Prix 2 Dr SE Coupe

In may of this year I had a coolant leak. Had heads pressure tested. Intake gaskets,Exhaust gaskets, Head gaskets, head bolts,Manifold gaskets,EGR gaskets, & Pcv grommet replaced. New water pump, new motor mount, & timing cover gasket replaced. All new rotors, pads, calipers in the rear, and new caliper brackets in front. Had the set screw by the thermostat bled of all air in the system, and the bleeder screw by the waterpump as well. And now the car turns over but does not start, I have to pump the gas to get it running. And I know your not supposed to really touch the gas pedal with fuel injection. But once its running, it runs rough, and wants to die or stall. And has no power. I have been reading alot of places and it seems it maybe my coil pack. I dont know anymore, I know some things but not alot. I am probably gonna fix as much as I can and just sell it for $2000. If anybody can help me that would be helpful.

69,675

Sound,s like you may need to check the fuel pressure,sound,s like bad fuel pump.

36,015

Or a badly plugged up fuel filter. Or crap in the fuel.

69,675

True,,Bmark

1,185

Check the TPS (throttle position sensor) if it is defective or out of adjustment the fuel and ignition systems will not be in-sync, so pumping the accelerator pedal to start and rough running and possible stalling can result. Good luck with it.

245

If you have a plastic intake check for cracks. Check all the plastic vacuum lines and connectors. Get the coil packs tested. If there good it might be the coil pack bracket itself or ground. If you can here the fuel pump whine when turn on the key change the gas filter. If your still having the problem it might be fuel sending unit. Maybe this helps.

I don't have a plastic intake, its aluminum cast.

245

I've sprayed a little starting fluid around different areas with engine running to see if idol changes. Check entire intake and gasket at base. Also vacuum lines. If engine revs up that your problem.