Just got the car with out the combination for the glove box. How do you get into it and how do you reset it?

Asked by Feb 27, 2007 at 08:27 PM about the 1993 Pontiac Grand Prix 4 Dr LE Sedan

How do you get into the glove box with out the combination? There must be a way to reset it but I don't have a manual or it may be in the glove box already.

19,655

Hello, Congrats on the new car! Here is AutoZone's service manual for this car: http://www.autozone.com/servlet/UiBroker?ForwardPage=/az/cds/en_us/0900823d/80/0e/e4/d4/0900823d800ee4d4.jsp&eraseCrumbs=YES In it, you should be able to find the combination information. If not, I would contact the seller. Best of luck! CarGrrl

try putting all zero's

You know I have that same problem I can't find the combination for the glove compartment I've been looking around with no luck. That manual doesn't say anything about setting the combination. But thanks again for the help.

Mine is a 1988, same problem. Not Pontiacs smartest move. I have e-mailed Pontiac, still waiting for a reply, will post it if it is helpful.

I just happen to find out mine was 715.

How did you find it. I can maybe try the same technique an maybe I can find mines. I really appreciate any help. Or how can I reset the combination?

45

the factory set code is 000 ........... to change the code after you are able to get the glove box open is: 1. remove the temporary guard to the right of the number code 2. push the release button on the right side of the lock. open the glove box 3. hold the release button 4. slide the tab to the right of the number wheels up 5. move the number wheels to the code you want 6. remember the code you choose 7. slide the tab down 8. close the glove box and move the numbers wheel....use your code to unlock the glove box I have the same car and always change my code every so often

My 14 year old was playing with the lock on mine and turned it, I had never known the combo so he had to start at 000 and work his way until he found the code (which was 4 something) took him a while. 000,001,002 etc.

5

lol i hated those damn glove boxes in the 93's but the grand prix se got power lol so many electroincs for back than lol yea NO HONDA'S have beaten me and im still running stock with an alpine deck and my sub's lol the 2 door 93 is the only grand prix to own