How to turn on the check engine light on a 2005 Pontiac grand am

20

Asked by Jan 21, 2015 at 01:20 PM about the 2005 Pontiac Grand Am SE

116,295

Why would you want to turn it on?

20

I went to emissions my Pontiac grand am se yesterday and it failed because the check engine light command status: off The on board diagnostic readiness monitors say : catalyst : not ready evaporative: not ready , air injection: n/a , o2 sensor: ready, o2 heater: not ready , egr system : not ready .they told me the light needs to be on so there machine needs to communicate with my cars sensor and the check engine light needs to be on also the equipment inspection report says , gas cap presence: pass gas cap integrity : pass. smoke : pass Emissions : n/a On board diagnostics : fail Equipment inspection : pass Over all result : fail

116,295

That sounds like they didn't warm the car up properly before performing the test, I had a car not too long ago that would show readiness until it was at full operational temp. Another thing that doesn't make any sense is they say that the light needs to be on, if the light is on it is telling you that there is a failure in the emission control systems. I think they are trying to lead you on. I would suggest that you take it to a shop you trust and have the system tested there then show the inspection people the results.

20

Thanks I'll try that

hi Janine I have the same issue with my Toyota Prius pleas let me know what you did to fix it thanks