2004 grand am wont start in the morning

Asked by Jun 13, 2016 at 04:55 PM about the 2004 Pontiac Grand Am SE1

It started about a week ago.  I changed the Temp sensor because fans werent working.  Next day car wont start at all.  Checked battery and it was fully change.  (replace 9/15).  Can wont crank or even click.  Falling day car starts right up 10 times no issues.  Day 3 6am car cranks but no fire.  7pm same day car fires 10 times.  Day 4 6am car cranks but no fire again.  Again that evening starts right up.  Couple days later car fires in the afternoon driven 200 miles runs great.  Falling morning 6am crank and no fire.  Can anyone help because the next time it doesnt fire I might help it with a can of gas and a match.

4,725

This may be related to the antitheft system The system is known for turning off the starter and/or injectors when it fails. Is there a light on the dash that says SECURITY or a picture of a car with a lock through it? This is a common problem worth looking into. http://www.diy-gm-security.com/ & http://newrockies.com/

This is not showing a light. This morning again it did not start. I pulled the + side of the battery off for a few mins. After connected i had nothing. No click. No fire. Would not even turn over. I then pulled the - side off the battery off and 2 mins later put it back. I again had cranking but no fire. I again pulled the + side and put it back and then it fired up and ran fine. Has started 4 times since

I have a 01 grand am. Same thing every morning it won't start. I go to work in my boyfriends truck. I come home at 4pm and it starts and drives perfectly fine... since I got this car (almost a year ago)I've been having issues. I've replaced the o2 sensor (had an engine light) the spark plugs, then replaced the fuel filter, the crankshaft sensor, the fuel pump, the fuel pressure regulator, the fuel pressure sensor... I don't have a check engine light on, and I have no idea what the problem is. All I know is sometimes I don't hear the fuel pump kick on when I click it over, and that's when it won't start. Someone help me because I'm at a loss here

I had the same problem on my 2004. We found the ac and injector pulse on the same 10 amp fuse. Replaced the bad ac clutch and fix the problem.