04 grand am 3.4 fuel pump and ac compressor wiring

Asked by Jun 26, 2013 at 08:07 PM about the 2004 Pontiac Grand Am SE1

04 grand am 3.4 is there any relation between the fuel pump wiring and the ac compressor wiring.  Especially the hot wire?  short in the fuel pump wire between the back seat and the fuse box.  spliced hot wire from where it enters the car to the box.  Now ac compressor is getting now power.  fuses, diode and relays are good.

You may be surprised how many issues a bad ignition switch can cause. In my case and many ppl who own grand prixs round that model, the ac will only work on 5 (fan) if at all. As long as its all things that are sent power from the time you turn the key, it's VERY possible and common that all you have to do is replace the ignition wire harness. And takes bout two hours give or take some according to experience with that kinda thing and the vehicle. See if anyone has posted any instructions for changing the ignition switch for your car and they'll surely mention the common side effects of needing anew one for that car. Think about it though, the ignition is the only thing that the power for those things passes through first. Did you use a tester or volt meter at the fuse panel? As an example anything hvac (something ac related) on the fuse panel lit my tester up noticeably less than every other fuse. Hope this helps in some way and good luck.

5

I am having the same EXACT problem and when i went to unplug the ac compressor. Car off keys out.i heard a clicking sound rapid random clicking .it is blowing the ac bcm fuse 10a i think i have a bad or melted wire going ro ac.this is related to bcm in some way because my car wont start.no fuel from fuel pump. It cancels power to fuel pump with my particular problem hope this helps. Mike t