HELP!!!!

65

Asked by Jan 09, 2015 at 01:15 AM about the 2004 Pontiac Grand Am SE

HELP!!!! My 2004 Pontiac Grand Am  has been down for a month now with some mechanical issues with not wanting to crank after sitting overnight or when its cold like tonight. It turns over ,but wont start. In one month I've had the Fuel pump, Fuel filter, Fuel regulator, Crank Shaft and Cam Shaft sensor replaced as well as a Tune up and had battery checked. After the Fuel pump, filter and regulator was changed it cranked that day , but not later that evening. Went back into the shop and I got it back Tuesday of this week and again it cranked and was drove twice, until today it wouldn't crank early morning. After many attempts in cranking and troubleshooting all morning it finally cranked this evening twice and I was able to drive it. NOW its not cranking again..UGH!!!!! I need some answers and my mechanic has been very helpful, but I wanted to see if I could maybe get some advice on where we could look next. Oh and the fuses, relays and computer system have all been tested. No service engine light on either!! Thanks in Advance!!

665

I would check the starter and its associated wiring. All the cars power from the battery goes there first. Good luck.

115

sounds like your starter is bad. Have itr replaced.

10

It,s not the starter that,s a crazy answer the car turns over it just want start after it get cold mine is going the same thing I replaced everything you did paid a lot of money for nothing I was just told by two different people the there is a back pressure regulator an when the car is sitting the fule my be backing back down car won't start I can spray a little starter fluid in an it will crank an run all day

65

Hey everyone!!! My car has been up and running for almost 2 wks now. I ended up having my car sent to a dealership and after them having it for 1.5 wks the conclusion was a wire that would ground out and blow my Fuel Relay Fuses when the a/c compressor would be turned on. So they found the wire and fixed it!! So I was out of my car a total of 2 months, went through 3 mechanics... and it was never a fuel issue like the first two mechanics was telling me. Prayerful that it will stay up and running