Dash lights and tail lights dont work

70

Asked by Aug 29, 2014 at 11:44 PM about the 2003 Pontiac Grand Am SE

All my other lights work and all the
fuses are intact..im confused ive
never had this problem before please
help me

125

I had a similar situation; where some lights worked and others didn't and all the fuse's were intact. If I remember correctly, as it was sometime ago, that there was another fuse I didn't know of that wasn't with the fuse box, the one that carried all the fuse's. I hope this leads you down a path of discovery since this is one of the process of elimination type situations.

Best Answer Mark helpful
70

Thank u i ended up going through the whole electrical system and there was a wire shorting that blew the fuse to my park assist and when i replaced that they worked..not really sure how park assist has to do with the dash and tail lighrs but im just happy they all work again

125

So it was a wire but where was the fuse located? With all the others and you overlooked it? Curious.

60

I have a 2004 grand am and my tail light and my dash board light don't work . I have changed the switch and all fuses. Please help me.

60

Carried to auto electrican. He found the problem. It was the fuses under the hood and the wire from the dashboard was wired to the radio. so all in all the radio was hooked up wrong were it shorted out 2 fuses and a wire . cost me $. 192.00. Note to self: Don't let jackleggs work on your car, It may cost but I know it's done RIGHT

10

I found that the #19 relay was fried due to an exposed wire coming from power wire of the stereo that was installed aftermarket. I taped up the wire and swapped the #19 relay with the #21 relay and bam all the lights worked. #21 is for the horn so of course that quit working.....put in new relay everything back up to par.