I installed an aftermarket stereo in my 2003 Pontiac grand am an now the stereo won't light up or play. my blinkers don't work. I tried to put the stock stereo in an it lights up but has no sound.

Asked by May 05, 2014 at 03:17 AM about the 2003 Pontiac Grand Am SE

New stereo won't light up an has no sound. U can hear it get power But nothing happens.
An my blinkers won't work right now. I tried to put the stock stereo back in an it lights up
an all the controls work but it won't play a CD or the radio.

30

I went in today to a car audio business, i had the exact same problem when i installed my custom deck. What i learned was that all 2000+ GM motor vehicles need is an Interface installed also, this is because the radio sends security signals that activate chimes in the car and a custom deck screws it all up, so you NEED an interface if you want your deck to work.

60

I had the same issue and spent a couple hours Googling answers and finally found that there is a factory amp in the car. The amp uses the Dark Green wire as a trigger. Once I connected the wire that feeds amp to the system remote wire from the stereo everything worked. Here is the Grand Am Wiring Diagram as I installed it. Radio Constant 12v+: Orange No Switched 12v Power. Radio Ground: Black/White Stereo Amp Trigger: Dark Green Front Speakers Size: 4x6 Left Front Speaker (+): Tan Left Front Speaker (-): Gray Right Front Speaker (+): Light Green Right Front Speaker (-): Dark Green Rear Speakers Size: 6x9 Left Rear Speaker (+): Brown Left Rear Speaker (-): Yellow Right Rear Speaker (+): Dark Blue Right Rear Speaker (-): Light Blue Hope this helps.

10

I just installed a aftermarket radio in my 2000 Grand Am i know all 99-03 models are the same so i bought the radio and the plastoc pieces along with a factory adapter plug that connects into the harness so you don't have to cut it well everything works but now my left front speaker isn't getting any power to it once so ever I've done ran several tests on it test light, checked every fuse still nothing idk what to do now

20

Im trying to hook aftrmath car radio and out of all the wires from the radio only 1 can i here the sound which is dark geern coming fron the car the outher coming from the radio is purple. Can anyone help me