where is the engine oil dipstick on a 2003 pontiac grandam

Asked by Feb 07, 2013 at 10:24 PM about the 2003 Pontiac Grand Am SE

manual transmission

Its on the transmission got to go underneath it

96,985

Neither the automatic or manual transmission have dip sticks. You check the level by removing a plug. You fill via a red cap on the top and drain out another plug facing the drivers side wheel. You might need a shortened allen wrench for the drain since it's right by the frame. --- I just changed mine with Mobil 1 full synth ATF last summer.

What??? I'll be right back, that's nuts and if it isn't I'll fn admit it, Ok, I'm wrong and very surprised but damn I hate being wrong, but Automatic Transaxle Fluid It is not necessary to check the transaxle fluid level. A transaxle fluid leak is the only reason for fluid loss. If a leak occurs, take the vehicle to the dealership service department and have it repaired as soon as possible. You may also have your fluid level checked by your dealer or service center when you have your oil changed. Change both the fluid and filter every 50,000 miles (83 000 km) if the vehicle is mainly driven under one or more of these conditions: In heavy city traffic where the outside temperature In hilly or mountainous terrain. When doing frequent trailer towing. 0 Uses such as found in taxi, police or delivery regularly reaches 90°F (32°C) or higher. service. If you do not use your vehicle under any of these conditions, the fluid and filter do not require changing. Notice: We recommend you use only fluid labeled DEXRON@-Ill, because fluid with that label is made especially for your automatic transaxle. Damage caused by fluid other than DEXRON@-Ill is not covered by your new vehicle warranty. Manual Transaxle Fluid It is not necessary to check the transaxle fluid level. A transaxle fluid leak is the only reason for fluid loss. If a leak occurs, take the vehicle to the dealership service department and have it repaired as soon as possible. You may also have your fluid level checked by your dealer or service center when you have your oil changed. See Part D: Recommended Fluids and Lubricants on page 6-15 for the proper fluid to use.

Damn Teenspeed

Does sound rather convenient though, hum

for the future, LOL Hydraulic Clutch The hydraulic clutch linkage in your vehicle is self-adjusting. The clutch master cylinder reservoir is filled with hydraulic clutch fluid. It is not necessary to regularly check clutch fluid unless you suspect there is a leak in the system. Adding fluid won’t correct a leak. A fluid loss in this system could indicate a problem. Have the system inspected and repaired. When to Check and What to Use Refer to the Maintenance Schedule to determine how often you should check the fluid level in your master cylinder reservoir and for the proper fluid. See Part B: Owner Checks and Services on page 6-9 and Part 19: Recommended Fluids and Lubricants on page 6- 15. How to Check and Add Fluid You do not need to check the fluid level unless you suspect a clutch problem. To check the fluid level, take the cap off. If the fluid level reaches the top of the reservoir, the fluid level is correct. It isn’t a good idea to top off your clutch fluid. Adding fluid won’t correct a leak. A fluid loss in this system could indicate a problem Have the system inspected and repaired. Engine Coolant The cooling system in your vehicle is filled with QEX-COOL@ engine coolant. This coolant is designed to remain in your vehicle for 5 years or 150,000 miles (240 000 km), whichever occurs first, if you add only QEX-COOL@ extended life coolant. The following explains your cooling system and how to add coolant when it is low. If you have a problem with engine overheating, see Engine Overheating on page 5-26. 5

Is this tranny the 4-speed 4T45-E automatic ?? I don't work on Ponitacs, but thanks to Teenspeed I have finally learned something new and frankly very good info, thanks bro !!