Securtiy Issue

10

Asked by Jul 02, 2016 at 07:44 PM about the 2003 Pontiac Grand Am GT

HI, So my 2003 Pontiac grand am will not crank. When i turn the key you can hear the fuel pump engage but that's it. the security light has been on since i bought it (1 year ago). I have tried the relearn procedure and also have replaced the ignition switch and no dice. Any ideas on what could be causing this?

65,955

Since the fuel pump is coming on it's not the security system. The security system will shut down the fuel, ignition, and starting systems. Sounds like the neutral safety switch, or possibly the BCM (Body Control Module). The relearn procedure will not work in your case either. HTH. -Jim

10

Looks like it was caused by using a tourq with a generic elm327 code reader.... Sometimes it will cause the engine to not start. The code was for a cylinder 1 misfire reset it and that is when we started having the issues. Idk if there are any ideas on that.

65,955

Check your fuses. I once scanned a friend's '97 Blazer and somehow the fuse for his taillights blew. Could be a PCM or ignition fuse that somehow blew during the scanning. HTH. -Jim

10

So just got it back from the shop... My guy went to school for gm passlock and said that was the problem... it sat at the shop for a few days and he found that the issue was that the remote start was not connected. Got the reconnected and $160 everything is all good... Thanks for all your help!

Cra Crank sensor