does my car have a remote keyless entry system or onstar, it beeps a few moments after I lock it up which tells me it has security but somtimes won't start.

Asked by Jan 30, 2015 at 03:10 PM about the 2003 Pontiac Grand Am GT1 Coupe

03 Pontiac grand am gt 2 dr  3.4 eng.  occsionally won't start turns over fine wont fire,  other times it runs just fine,  may be security has been in shop; 3 days now and they still can't find the cause.
need to know if this comes with keyless entry using the vin number  how can I tell if it is equiped with that,   I bought the car 6 months ago and it came as is  no remote and the remote  tried finding information from my mechanic but he cant' tell me so trying you guys.  a few electrical issues with it ,  blinking right it goes really fast but normal on left blinker.  they said something with the electronics in the rear tail light  was messed up. thanks  a lot.

115

2003 does not have onstar it has the remote system you use with the key thing. and thats a main problem with the security system sometimes it gets contrary and wont let you start the car. try waiting 10 minutes after the first time and then try to start it again.

what about the signal when turning right it blings rather rapidly but left is normal, told somone messed with the rear light assembly, they tried new bulb did not change, so replacing the unit kind of expensive, is this the only solution to that fast blinking, I can live with it but my check engine soon light keeps coming on and won't go out just had it in the shop but they did not fix the problem it's a security issue so I bought a remote but will probably have to have it programed but no GM dealer in my area.

115

the bulb for the right turn signal is burned out and needs replacing thats why your turn signal inside is blinking rapidly. and if your service engine light is on you have something going on like your car may need a tune up. when was the last time you changed the spark plugs spark plug wires, fuel filter, air filter, oil change , tranny fluid & filter/ after you do a complete tuneup the light will go off eventually so dont worry about it

bulb was replaced, but problem still exisits, I was told by certified mechanic that the electronics has been messed with in that right tail light and I may have to replace the whole assembly. on the other note the engine warning light or "service engine soon" light meant bout 10 codes that they got on their special reader but they did not tell me what those meant and that it would be expesnsive to find exachtly all thats going on. they did not tell me I need tune up far as that goes and oil and other service problably will need by spring. money is very tight and I can't afford to have all this done at once. i'm on social security and well honestly it's very hard to afford things you need done. i'm still paying for the car another 6 months to go. thank you

115

They are lying to you because a service engine light on will not bring up 10 codes . if it did they would have had to show you the codes or tell you what was going on.. I have a pontiac grand am 2004 and I previously had a 2002 grand am and I am telling you from expereince and the fact that i do my own work on my car that when a service engine light is on it means your car is due for a tuneup of one or more of the things previously mentioned. when the service gets performed it will take a while for the computer to recognize it and then the light will shut itself off. and as far as the turn signal is concerned i would check the fuse that goes to the right turn signal, it may be burnt out. You have fuses on both sides of the car, the drivers side and the passenger side and also under the hood. If you look in your owners manual it will show you exactly where the fuse is in the car.(there are fuses for every electrical part on your car) and did you actually see the person replace the bulb? This is why i do all my own work . mechanics are so full of sh----. also if there is a community college in your area that teaches auto repair most of them will work on your car for free (no labor charge) and only charge you for the parts.