02 pontiac grand am having electronic troubles

Asked by Mar 31, 2015 at 04:27 PM about the 2002 Pontiac Grand Am SE

So I've been having complications with my car over the last couple of months, its an 02 Pontiac Grand am SE with the 3.4 V-6. I replaced the rack and pinion, found out the power steering pump was bad, got that replaced, got an alignment left the shop I got the alignment at and when I got home I turned the car off. After the car was shut off and the key was out of the ignition My gear shift lights remained on and my door ajar alarm would ding when I opened my door. Then my battery went dead, been trying to charge my battery but while its charging I manage to see my temp gauge and speedometer move around, any thoughts as to the problem and a solution? it would be greatly appreciated. None of those problems occurred until after the alignment. I ran errands around town prior to the alignment and everything worked just fine. I recently also worked some powdered graphite into my ignition hopping maybe I just have some stuck pins and that the graphite would help loosen them. Hopping its something simple and cheap to fix but such has not been my fortune of late. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

69,445

Check for a disconnected ground wire/strap in the engine compartment close to the front wheels. They may have accidentally broken or disconnected one during the alignment. A bad ground can cause many strange things to happen! HTH. -Jim

90

THIS IS WHY I DO NOT LET ANYONE WORK ON MY CAR. STUPID MECHANICS DONT GIVE A SH---.