I have a 2002 pontiac grand am gt v6 that get hot and it shacks alot when I stop

10

Asked by Mar 11, 2016 at 04:47 AM about the 2002 Pontiac Grand Am GT

10

I need help this is my first car

6,475

achem...yes any number of reasons can cause this~ probably need to go over a few basics~ 2002 could easily have a motor mount get a bit scrambled and shift around a bit under load~ if this occurs only under demand...not while idling this would be my first guess~ I paint and take this opportunity to display my stuff...enjoy~

6,475

the gets hot part might be a clogged thermostat...and because that it's possibly overheated once should take it now to determine if the head gasket is still okay~ one could check the coolant level periodically to check for losses~ those electric fans fail often, and perhaps a fuse will blow...perhaps they've stopped working~...that could cause an overheat~ so 1.) coolant flow (water pump should not be worn or drippin' from the weep hole) 2.) change coolant...old one has overheated and possibly some bozo put plain water in a panic situation causing CORROSION now...which chokes off the thermostat in the closed position...that would cause your overheat 3.) check the oil stick for the presence of coolant and possibly the coolant for the presence of oil...would indicate a cracked block~ so be sure everthing is topped off and fresh~ make sure your battery is younger then 10 years old~ for now....perhaps you can give us the report soon~

6,475

has it got ABS....if malfunctioning could give you that uncertain feeling when you stop...would toss a trouble light up...also~ if the brakes are good, shaking could be that the pads are gettin' worn~...or malfunction with the ABS~