What could be the reason for my car to suddenly be completely dead?

Asked by Feb 08, 2014 at 09:43 AM about the 2002 Pontiac Grand Am SE Coupe

I have a 2002 Grand Am and it has (since I've had it) always started right up. No problems.
Last night, it was parked for about 4 or 5 hrs while at a concert and when I went to leave,
it had no power at all. No interior light, no horn, no turnover, no clicking, no nothing. The
power door lock wouldn't even make a sound. We tried to jump it but it wouldn't jump
either. There were sparks between contact but car still wouldn't make an effort.

Completely charge the battery. Clean and tighten all battery connections including the negative connections on the frame and ground. Then if it starts test the alternator it should be putting out 14.5 volts to keep battery fully charged. How old is your battery? Also might just be a case of someone leaving an interior light on or something and it drained your battery completely down.

Scott Wilson

Batt +Pos -Neg come loose off bad connection. as said above 5-7 year old or older time for new Batt. Is your Batt rated for 5yr or 7 or less then you got the life out of it.