temperature control issue

25

Asked by Dec 20, 2007 at 08:28 PM about the 2001 Pontiac Grand Am SE1

I have and 01 grand am and my temperature control knob doesn't work.  When I turn it on for ac or heat numbers 1-4 do not blow, only full blast on 5.  I replaced the panel with all new knobs it still will only blow on the highest setting 5.  What is next for me to replace?  Does it have something to do with wiring?

42,945

See other post.

97,115

Replace the fuse. You should have checked it before you replaced the panel. The blower motor has two circuits and two fuses. One circuit is for speeds 1-4 and the other circuit is for speed 5.

How do you know what fuse is what? I have looked at my fuse box, but I am really not too sure what is what. Yes I am woman lol, but I have no help with this and I am trying to figure it out on my own. Any help would be appreciated.

97,115

LeAnna, go over to GAOwnerClub.com There's detailed instructions to repair your car with pictures.