Why does my Trac light go on and oof while driving?

Asked by May 21, 2014 at 05:59 PM about the 2001 Pontiac Grand Am SE1

I have owned car for 7 years.... for the past week my light goes on and off. Mostly its on... I was thinking it was the ETS switch on dash since no other lights are on. Any suggestions?

4,665

The wheel sensors harness connections can go bad over time. This will send a 'false' tracking signal. Sometimes all you need to do is clean the connectors thoroughly and apply some dialectic grease to the contacts. Rarely, a sensor itself goes bad, these are easy to replace. Try the cleaning tip first. Good luck!

Best Answer

The problem was intake leak and due to "performance issue" the computer automaticly turns off the trac system....

4,665

That's one sensitive system, never had a ETS system shut down from that, but glad it worked out! Thanks for the update, I'll put this in my " it can happen" file!