what is the location of a remote control door lock receiver in pontiac grand am 2001

Asked by Jun 29, 2013 at 09:59 PM about the 2001 Pontiac Grand Am SE

I have a problem with my remote control door lock receiver. I bought a new remote and i've looked everywhere in the car where the old one is located but no luck. Does anybody know where the receiver is or may be somebody has a diagram where it is located. Please help, thank you.

http://www.tonkinonlineparts.com/showAssembly.aspx? ukey_product=6203419&ukey_assembly=847653&ukey_make=1092&u key_model=15777&ukey_driveline=0&ukey_trimlevel=19760&modelYea r=2001

Has a picture that might help you

Hi dandyoun thanks so much for your help but i saw the picture before. I took the entire dashboard out but still couldn't find it, may be i got something wrong and this picture doesn't show the space under the dashboard??? what i see is a front left wheel above which the receiver is located if I'm wrong could you please guide me where should i start looking.

Have you checked the dash board between back seat and back window. Not sure about yours but have found some info on other models that are mounted in that area back there. Or even trunk area below that back dash board. I will keep looking?

Almost positive that's where its at. Look at the first picture. See how the dash appears to be over the wheel well. Your front dash is set back farther front front wheel well. Back dash is almost the same positioning over your back wheel well. Check that back dash area. I believe you will find it there. Hope this helps

Best Answer

Awesome man this helps a lot i think it's there with no doubts. I'm going to fix the problem right away. I so much appreciate your help. Thank you friend!!!

Your welcome.

1. Close all doors. 2. Press and hold the Unlock button on door lock switch on drivers door. Hold until instructed to release. 3. Insert and remove key from ignition 2 times. Do Not turn ignition. 4. Insert key in ignition a third time and leave key in ignition. Do Not turn ignition. 5. Release door lock switch on drivers door panel. A Chime will sound 3 times indicating that you are in programming mode. 6. Press both the Lock and Unlock buttons on the remote up to 30 seconds. A chime will sound 2 times if remote has programmed successful. 7. Repeat step 6 if you are programming additional remotes. 8. Remove key from ignition to exit programming mode.