01 Pontiac Grand Am won't start

Asked by Jul 19, 2014 at 03:15 PM about the 2001 Pontiac Grand Am GT

I have an 01 grand am and a "no start"
issue. When it gets hot outside it doesn't
want to turn over. I replaced lo the fuel filter
and it was working then bit the next hot day
it wouldn't start.

1,415

Ma mans suggests u got problems Familam

615

A number of issues could cause this. There could be a wire shorting out or loose in the ignition system. The distributor module could be bad, this can be removed and tested at an auto parts store. Or your fuel pump, likely located in the gas tank could be going out, sometimes you can tap GENTLY on the tank just beneath the fuel pump with a rubber mallet, and then they will run again for a bit. Also, you may want to check the new fuel filter to see if it is clogged again, this can mean you have debris in the gas tank. In that case tank removal and cleaning may be the answer. BUT, when a similar problem happened to my 1978 Pontiac, it turned out to be the starter solenoid. It was a simple inexpensive fix for me. If it will not turn over, but all the dash lights etc come on, this could be the problem. Sorry I have no definitive answer for you. Best of luck.