2000 Pontiac Grand AM SE spark plugs, tie rod, Cadillac converter, and motor work for a 2.4L twin cam

Asked by Sep 02, 2013 at 05:34 PM about the 2000 Pontiac Grand Am SE

need information on what they do for
the car and how to replace them.

66,075

Spark plugs provide an electric spark which ignites the air/fuel mixture inside the cylinder. This creates a controlled explosion inside the cylinder which forces the piston down to make the engine run. The tie rod is part of the steering system. It helps move the front wheels back and forth as you turn the steering wheel. The catalytic converter (not Cadillac Converter) is part of the exhaust system. It has precious metals inside that absorb harmful exhaust gasses, such as hydrocarbons, so they're not released into the air and cause smog or ozone layer damage. Motor work is a general term used to describe repairs needed to the engine to make it run properly. Kind of a blanket term. HTH. -Jim