i have replaced my front brakes on my 2000 grand am twice in the past 3 months,replaced pads calipers and rotors but they are sticking on one side? any suggestions what it could be?

Asked by Feb 21, 2013 at 11:58 AM about the 2000 Pontiac Grand Am SE

yes. your mechanic did not fully disassemble and clean the slides with a wirebrush, then use the special brake slide grease (still have a tube of the volvo grease, but no volvo anymore) easy to check, see if you can move the caliper side to side once installed. NO grease or clobbed up with brake dust (due to non-existant or worn boots) would initiate this condition....like I say do it twice, or however many times it takes to get it right!

20,235

the brake hoses ! dumb answer? try it

97,065

You have new slider pins with the new calipers. 7J7's response about brake hoses is a good one. The old hoses fail internally and act like check valves. They keep pressure on the puck when the brake pedal is released.

I guess you did change the calipers, slides, hyrdaulics and the lot...not JUST the pads??

65,995

If you have rear drum brakes check that they are not out of adjustment. If they are then the front brakes are doing all the work of stopping your car. If this is what's going on then all of your front brake parts are becoming overheated repeatedly and being damaged. HTH. -Jim