2000 grand am question

Asked by Apr 13, 2007 at 01:32 AM about the 2000 Pontiac Grand Am SE

The display that shows the radio stations...and the clock which are one in the same...is not working.  I have checked the fuses and all seem ok.  Short of buying a new radio with operational clock what else can I try to do to remedy this situation?

Any assistance would be appreciated

John

22,850

Hi John! Hey a Grand Am with electrical issues, there's a new one ... if the display panel has given up the ghost there really aren't a lot of options available to you. Unfortunately fixing the display is probably more expensive than buying a new radio. Have you local Pontiac Service Manager confirm that the display is the problem. Maybe he has some relief to offer you. Otherwise treat yourself to a new radio. Good luck!

99,175

Is the display blank or does it not illuminate. Bad light bulbs are a common problem and you can find out how to replace them over on www.GAOwnersClub.com. You may also find someone selling a used radio over there too. Some people have them stored in the garage after upgrading their radios.

1,885

ther are 2 fuses for radio one for lights and one for operation if there both good i could be bulbs , check connctions at back of radio also