not all speeds on blower motor work

5

Asked by Aug 21, 2009 at 04:11 PM about the 2000 Pontiac Grand Am GT

I have a 2000 grand am gt and speeds 1 and 2 do not work on the blower motor for the heater. anyone had this problem and know what it is? i think it is a blower motor resistor? also the floor/face/defrost selector switch does not work correctly; it will change partially but not all the way. Ex: defrost runs face and defrost, face runs floor and face both at same time, max ac runs face and floor, etc... anyone know what part i need to replace to fix that? thanks!

15

the resistor sounds right mine does the same exact thing and the other problem is your selector knob is prolly going to break off mine and my wifes both did so wait for it

97,995

The Grand Am HVAC blower has two circuits. There is a resistor in one circuit that controls speeds 1-4. The second circuit sends 12VDC directly to the motor for speed 5. The resistor is behind the glove box. Remove the blower motor first for better access to the resistor..