ok so my 2000 pontiac grand am 3.4L was running perfectally fine earlier and i shut it off and was going to start it again and the fuel pump will not kick on at all and i direct wired the pump to the battery and the pump runs just fine but car still will not run and i have checked the fuel relay fuse and can not seem to figure out why fuel pump will not kick on and the car will not run!? but yet it ran just fine for the past 4 days?

Asked by Jul 01, 2015 at 03:24 AM about the 2000 Pontiac Grand Am SE Coupe

605

On some cars, the fuel pump will not run of the oil sending unit is defective or disconnected. I would check that.