Which gas is better for my 1999 Pontiac Grand Prix 3800 87 or 89 I want better city fuel economy

Asked by May 26, 2013 at 07:08 PM about the 1999 Pontiac Grand Am 4 Dr SE Sedan

Your specs call for regular unleaded. So either will be ok. Here's where I got that info. http://www.edmunds.com/pontiac/grand- prix/1999/features-specs.html?style=13382

Try a couple of tanks of both grades and keep track of your MPG's.

When were your injectors cleaned?

Jason Zane

i use 91 for best mpg and fuel additives.

Wade Frazier

Well I own a 1999 GTP and I have to run 93 with octane boost of at least 104. I know my car has all most twice the horsepower as a stock GTP and I must say that Fitch is the way to go... FeaturesThe Fitch Fuel Catalyst is a permanent bolt-on fuel enhancer Improve fuel economy by up to 1 - 2.5 mpg Enhances fuel quality by boosting the octane in gasoline Allows the use of lower octane fuel Increases the cetane and lubricity in diesel fuel Better fuel quality delivers added horsepower and torque High-quality fuel helps reduce emissions Reduces number of annual oil changes Keeps injectors, jets and spark plugs cleaner for reduced maintenance Completely maintenance free—install it and forget it Easily installs in your fuel line like a fuel filter Your Fitch Fuel Catalyst is backed by a 250,000 mile warranty DescriptionBoost power, reduce emissions and save at the pump while you’re at it. The Fitch Fuel Catalyst enhances gasoline by boosting octane and bolsters diesel by improving cetane and lubricity. Designed in union with the Department of Defense, Fitch boosts all fuel types—diesel, gas, even JP fuels. Fitch Fuel Catalyst pre-treats fuel before combustion. By running through Fitch’s proprietary metal alloy, normal fuels transform into superior-quality fuels. And, quality fuel means more power, increased MPGs and lower emissions. Plus, it allows premium-fuel engines to run lower-grade gas with no performance loss. Not to worry, the Fitch Fuel Catalyst simply bolts right in under the hood. Each system comes with vehicle-specific quick-release fittings, so it’s easy to patch right in-line with your vehicle’s fuel system. What’s more, your Fitch Fuel Catalyst system is backed by a 250,000 mile warranty.

Wade Frazier

Just in case you wanted to see my GTP here you go...