service engine soon and trac light come on embed go off at random

Asked by Jul 08, 2012 at 04:43 AM about the 1999 Pontiac Grand Am 4 Dr SE Sedan

I've got a 99Pontiac grand am the trac light and service engine soon light come on and will go off and on and of
randomly. When they come on the car idles really rough, the car vibrates and shakes, three car when stopped
sometimes refuses to speed up and move, I've replaced the ignition coil the spark plugs and the wires the fuel find
the lights still come on and off. Since the fuel filter change its been driving much better and three idler is no where
near as bad, barley now but the lights still come on. On the car MD the code 304 comes up for a misfire on the 4th
cylinder just as randomly. It shows when the lights see on, and after a few passes on the MD the lights clear snag
the car drives like a dream, need advice

217,735

The Trac light means the ABS system is disabled, so this is usually caused by a faulty wheel sensor, have it check by a local mechanic. A code P0304 may mean that you have a clogged injector on that cylinder or when you replaced the parts the plug wire isn't seated properly on the coil or plug, did you use dielectric grease on the boots of the wires?

Best Answer

Im not sure if they did, or not.

1,215

The service engine and Trac are on the same circuit to make you think it needs asap service at the dealer p0304 is cylinder misfire detected low fuel pressure, can produce this code, oh foot note p0304 is a random misfire affecting all cyls randomly. If it gets worse warm look at sensors, fuel pump is a very good place to start.

I have a 2004 Pontiac Grand Am same problem abs service engine soon light come on and it comes off And Trac off light