my headlights stay on all the time i am driving...i cant turn the lights off from the inside...the only time they cut off is when i pull the emergency break up or cut the car off comnpletely

Asked by Nov 08, 2011 at 05:08 PM about the 1998 Pontiac Grand Am 4 Dr GT Sedan

98 Grand am have a built in daylight driving light system. You can't do anything about it, in many places you are required to have day time lights simply to help people see your vehicle on the road. If were you live somewhere that doesn't require you to have you may be able to disengage them manually by pulling the fuse, this may affect your night lights and brights. If it is the actual night time lights that are on all the time check your day time bulbs, if they are both burnt out, your other lights come on automatically to compensate.