What is the effect of an improperly sized Condenser in a car air-conditioning system.

165

Asked by Jan 31, 2007 at 07:09 AM about the 1991 Audi 90 Base

My compressor leaks when few days after i top the gas. My car factory fitted A/C system was attended to. I changed the compressor and top the gas, it leaks away again. An A/C technician said the condenser must have been oversized when it was changed (actally stolen by the mechanic under pretence).

18,395

Hello, A badly sized condenser can cause excessive leaking as it does not properly trap the air. Here is an article on how an AC system works that gets into some depth: http://www.wikihow.com/Fix-Cars-Air-Conditioning Best of luck! CarGrrl