need to find out name of a part on my 95 pontiac grand am

Asked by Apr 03, 2008 at 09:07 PM about the 1995 Pontiac Grand Am 4 Dr SE Sedan

have a 95 grand am 4 cyl quad 4 with nasty coolant leak, took it to shop and they showed me where the part is located. its located above the tranny near the oil sending unit, looks like the temp housing  but is on opposite side of the engine( it is on the right side of engine as you are facing it). was told its called coolant housing but when i tell the parts store that they say they are not sure exactly what im talking about. appearently what ever this part is has a bracket or something inside of it that break commonly on these cars and is what is causing the leak. can anyone please tell me what  this part is called so i can get my car fixed, single mom and need to make my car safe for myself and my kids asap.

sounds like you need a thermostat,cover is thermostat houseing or goose neck.

45,315

Not to be ignorant, but I would suggest letting the garage purchase the part they need for you -- only because it sounds like they sent you on a wild goose chase. I've never heard of a "coolant housing," so they either misdescribed it, or don't know what they're talking about.

915

go to a dealership and ask if they can look up the part explosion on their computer and you can point at the picture of what you need. sounds like a dealer only item anyway.