rear speakers

Asked by Jan 03, 2009 at 08:50 PM about the 1995 Pontiac Grand Am 2 Dr GT Coupe

how do you remove the rear panel ti get to the rear speakers in the back windo thanks chris

115

in the grand am you have to go through the trunk to get at them. they actually attach underneath the rear panel, you can not get them out throught the top hope this helps

2,125

Are you sure- because as a GM tech, i havn't seen any vehicle made by GM since the 70's where the rear speakers are mounted from underneath. always have to remove the rear package tray (which means you need to remove the rear seat and side trim panels.)

10,595

Not true.. The 87-92 Bonnevilles mounted in boxes, that bolted up to the underside of the rear deck and was serviceable through the trunk... I am not sure with the GA's, but the GP's of the same time frame required the removal of the back seat to access the back deck cover, to remove the speakers...

115

i'm positive, i just had to remove speakers out of my buddys car of the same year and model and the rear speakers are only able to be removed through the trunk. by the way, the first time i tried to reply to this post i think i accidentally clicked report this post, my bad

30

I have a 2000 grand am gt ram air. To replace back deck speakers, you have to pull on the two pull ties in the truck. This will release the back seats to fold down. Then you have to remove the gray panel holding the rear deck in place. The speaker is wired very different than most speakers. It has a fuse and a amp per speaker and to replace speaker, you have to wire the low/high positive together and low/high negative together to run them to correct positive and negative terminals on after market speaker. So yes, you have to go from the top. Devin, you are incorrect.

50

but how do you remove the rear deck panel? mine is an 03 pontiac grand am gt. i can't get the deck panel to come out.

I just did my own rear speakers. I whacked each screw from underneath with a hammer and unscrewed them up with my fingers. After buying longer screws of the same type, I mounted them in from the underside. Easy peasy