I had my car for 4 yrs and a tune up and every sensors be replaced. engine been rebuilt. could it be why the check engine light comes on when it heats up

Asked by Feb 10, 2011 at 10:47 AM about the 1991 Pontiac Grand Am 4 Dr LE Sedan

The original miles are aroung 179,000 Still think since it's been to every garage with a different opinion. heating can be the radiator and pump it's never been replaced the car is 20 yrs old

11,705

What is the code for the check engine light

I am retired woman on social security don't know the code . also was suggested that the radiator an water pump be replaced since the car is 20 yr old . thank you