My 91 Pontiac Grand Am Sedan

Asked by Apr 10, 2012 at 09:06 PM about the 1991 Pontiac Grand Am 4 Dr STD Sedan

I was in an accident stopped at a stop light in Charleston, WV and someone came down the road about 40 MPH and rear-ended me, the frame of the vehicle is bent and destroyed, when I bought the vehicle it was at 29,000 miles and I've put 20,000 miles on it (total of 50,414 miles on it currently).

The insurance company told me if I can find a dealer ship (limited to U.S.) that is selling the car for a value higher than (1,400) they will match that price.

I loved this car more than anything, It was my real first car, and I had liability on the car so it's not being covered any more than 1,400. Can anyone help me? I would really appreciate any help that I could get.

ok first off that car doesn't have a frame. it's a unibody. did you sue the person that hit you? did you get an estimate from a body shop to fix the car,it's probally around 2500-3000 bucks in damage or more . the most you can do is take the $1400 and try to fix it yourself. or find another car .

Damage estimate was $5,000. Roof of the car is pushed up and has damage so bad it chipped paint and it seems like something was bent. The inside of the trunk Is also popped up. But that probably will be it. The other guy didn't have insurance so were lucky to get anything.

I hate to tell you this but that car is junk ! the paint is chipped on the roof? once the roof buckles the whole body of the car is twisted . if you plan on getting another grand am the best thing you can do is take whatever you might need off this car for the other car like alternator, a/c compressor,starter ........whatever saves you money down the road. I'm sure you cam find something descent for 12 or 13 hundred. you'd be alot safer . good luck

935

You can still sue them in Civil Court. I think trip65 is right, time for a newer car.