my car dose not go in reverie. runs great up hills, tran sounds good.

Asked by Sep 26, 2014 at 10:53 PM about the 1990 Pontiac Grand Am 4 Dr SE Sedan

it sat for ten years. halls ass raced it two times and won. but since i fist had the car after
given to me. it has still not gone in reverse.

A lot of bad things can happen to cars when they sit for a long time. You might service or flush the transmission. The car might not have had reverse when it was parked 10 years ago. Could be that's why they parked it.

Don't waste your money on a trans service, changing the oil won't do anything but make your wallet lighter. Just don't park anywhere you have to backup. You'll be fine.

Yes that might work in the town you live in tigair but, most of us want to be able to back out of parking stalls, garages and any other situation where reverse may be needed. LOL

Your right TransAm, it just sounded like maybe the guy didn't have the money since it was given to him and I don't want to see him spending money he didn't have. My car didn't have reverse when I was 16, I just wanted to tell him that many people in these times get by without it. Of course it's far from ideal.