Antifreeze

Asked by Feb 28, 2016 at 01:54 PM about the 1999 Plymouth Grand Voyager 4 Dr Expresso Passenger Van Extended

Just bought my 1999 Grand Voyager.
Was driving it a few days. Temp gage
was in the middle until yesterday. It got
hot by the time I got home. Parked it
when a guy said you have a lot of fluid on
the ground. It was coming from
passenger side. It was water but there
was no antifreeze in the radiator or
reservoir. What should I check first? What
is the likely problem?

check the thermostat .. when the van is cool it should be closed take the thermostat out and put it in a small pot of water and heat it up if it doesnt open before boiling its bad .. also see where the water is coming from

Just going to take it to the shop. Hope it doesn't cost me a lot.

15

It could also be the water pump. I had this happen to me last year on my '95 Grand Voyager. I little water on the ground, it was just about to let go.

15

Also you shouldn't drive the car without antifreeze. You will most defintely blow the engine, head gaskets, in a short period.

Ended up with new radiator,thermostat and hose. They told me to get rid of the money pit ASAP. They had to rig it so the fan stays on the whole time I'm driving. The check engine light stays on all the time.