Loose Wire Connector.

70

Asked by Jul 20, 2013 at 02:36 PM about the 1996 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme 4 Dr SL Sedan

I've not done my own work on this car until now. It's had several major repairs. Or rather bills. Anyway who knows what's going on in there. Going to do it myself this time. Anyways, after taking a look around the engine bay I found a wire connector that wasn't plugged in but can't figure out where it goes. It's driving me crazy! Here's a pic:

70

I'm having low fuel pressure issues right now, don't think it's related though. It does run when I can get the pump to prime but the pressure only gets to 20lbs KOEO and stays at 35 when running.

70

Are all the wires color coded?

79,215

It may actually be for a power option that your car doesn't have. Such as fog lights, power antenna, etc. My '93 Caprice, which I bought new, had a similar connector hanging loose near the windshield washer tank. It was for a low washer fluid warning light option that my car didn't have. HTH. -Jim

Best Answer Mark helpful
70

Everything I've found suggests you are right. Thank you for responding. I believe it should go to a Variable Assist Power Steering pump. I have a standard pump. That option requires a different rack, a new computer and a new pump and something else. In case anyone is else is wondering. It's a major overhaul.

79,215

You're welcome, glad you figured it out. Thank you for the best answer click. -Jim

Is that the plug in by the throttle body and air filter and battery and the wire comes out of the wire harness with two wires blue and red right before the junction or fuse box