Homemade Cold Air Intake

Asked by Nov 07, 2010 at 07:54 PM about the 1996 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme 2 Dr SL Coupe

I was thinking about making a homemade Cold Air Intake for my 1996 Cutlass. I was wondering if any one had made one. If you have, could you tell me how you did it, what you made it out of, and where did you put it? Any answers are appreciated.
-Thanks

25

I don't really have any specific info about you exact car but I have made cold air and short ram intakes before. long ago I helped a friend with a honda project and we found some piping from the exhaust stack of a semi that had a suitable bend and diameter to fit under the hood and mate with his T-body. tapped it and welded it some flanges for two hoses that conected to the head cover and voila. it wasn't pretty until he spent countless hours polishing but it paid off in the end for him. since then I've seen a few "make-you-own" kits pop up at places like pep-boys and auto zone that basically consist of pieces of precut piping, elbows, gaskets and clamps but with that many breaks and seems I can't imagine they'd be very good for smooth airflow. hope this helps.

25

I did it onmy 67 olds cutlass Jeggs sells a dual snorkel ain't cleaner for 100 that comes of the air cleaner with 4" duct work which I connected to vents in the grill I cut out making a cold air induction similar to the w30s

25

67 olds 442 W30

25

67 olds 442 W30 http://musclecars.howstuffworks.com/classic-muscle-cars/1967- oldsmobile-cutlass-4-4-2-w-30.htm

25

Factory ports

25

The 66 ported through the front bumper, requires mounting battery in the trunk.