My mint condition V8 Q broke the timing belt.

Asked by Apr 06, 2011 at 10:27 PM about the 1992 Audi V8 quattro AWD

What are the odds that it bended the valves? My mechaninc said that it doesn't worth to fix it. Is this true?

yes he is right bent valves may have sent one through a piston,what you have is a interference engine,that means when the timeing belt breaks it sends the valves into the pistons.

I was about to park so I was driving at 10 MPH tops. does it worth it to change only the timming belt to see if perhaps I get lucky? Or on the other hand I am doomed....

NO you will just be waisting your money.you may get off by haveing the head or heads rebuilt with no piston damage,it will have some bent valves,worth a try.

sorry to hear . . iam interstet . . in what state are you . send mt Pic.s maceexcel@aol.com